Tuesday, July 8, 2008

When Farhan Akhtar crooned…

Farhan Akhtar He left the world awe inspired with his directorial debut, Dil Chahta Hai . He once again won hearts by remaking the yesteryear hit Don which lists among one of the best remakes till date. And now, Farhan Akthar is ready to show yet another trait of his personality. This time he donned a rock star avatar and he truly rocked!

Farhan Akhtar once again surprised everyone when he took the stage along with Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy and performed live on the songs from his upcoming film Rock On . The film will see him making his debut as an actor where he plays a part of a rock band.

So what made Farhan turn to acting? “I really liked the character. The script involved music in it. I really wanted to be a part of it. So, I did it.”

Talking about the music of the film Farhan said, “I am very excited about the music. For the first time in an Indian film, there is so much influence of rock music. The soundtracks are going to be a very new for people to listen to.”

Farhan has himself sung songs in the film. Speaking about his singing experience Farhan said, “I have been interested in music ever since I was a kid. I attended four years of harmonium classes on my father’s insistence. At that time I used to hate it. But that really helped me. Since the past 8-9 years I have been playing the guitar. All that experience has helped me. And if you have teachers like Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy, there is no reason to worry about.”

No comments:

Label Cloud