Monday, July 28, 2008

Imran on a high!

Timewas when nephews and nieces did something right, and were treated to a bar ofchocolate from uncles and aunts.


But life is a lotfancier for Imran Khan. He was gifted a white BMW by Maamu Aamir Khan forgetting Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na right. “I wasn’t too sure it wasmine, till he gave me the keys,” smiles Imran.

This is awardenough. But with such a successful debut, is Imran ready to walk up the stage ataward shows and accept trophies for his performance, something that Aamir justwon’t do? He gets pensive, and then states, “It depends on whataward it is. I’d consider if I’m worthy enough of it or then if itis worthy enough of me.”

Nothing can match the adulation andlove of the junta. Women of all age are going gaga over him and even proposingmarriage. Never mind that, the guys have taken a liking to him as well.“Yes, that’s the interesting part. Never mind the women, the guysseem to like me, too. I guess that’s just because of my character in thefilm. I’m very non-heroic, they must’ve related to that,”explains the newbie. But no proposals from this gender? “None!” heexclaims, laughing.

Imran is a 12th pass, and has no plans tograduate. “I don’t feel the need to continue studying, simplybecause I know more than most graduates do. I read a lot. I read anything andevery thing that’s printed or written on paper. I’m eccentric. Isuffer from an obsessive compulsive disorder,” he admits, “I needeverything to be kept at right angles.”

Bombarded withscripts, and with a dozen producers queuing up to meet the boy, how has lifechanged for Imran? “Honestly, it hasn’t sunk in yet. Life’sthe same, just more SMSes, calls and yes, lots of people wanting myautograph,” he says, forgetting to mention the new car.

No comments:

Label Cloud