Thursday, July 24, 2008

RGV about Phoonk

Soon after the release of Contract, director Ram Gopal Verma is ready with the release of his next film Phoonk. We speak to RGV about the film and his passion to make films that deal with dark issues.

Ram Gopla Verma

What is Phoonk about?

Its subject matter of black magic and there are so many people who are educated but still there are certain incidences which occur in his/her life which made him to belief in the existence of black magic.

What made you pick up this subject of black magic?

Frankly speaking I really don’t believe in God nor do I believe in black magic. But some years there were news coming from every household that the idol of Ganpati is drinking milk. The same situation occurred at my home when my nephew came… he told me the same and this really shocked me. He made me think that such incidences don’t happen so often and so similarly every person doesn’t do black magic.

Which horror film you like the most among all that you have made?

In every film of mine there is a certain amount horror which can occur anytime to anyone but I like the story of Bhoot as the story was set in the modern apartment which really made everyone scared but my favorite horror film will be the Exorcist. It has everything which makes everyone petrified.

Do you believe in Black magic?

Such forces can’t be understood and moreover it’s difficult to explain to others but in my film the focal point will be that when such black magic occurs what kind of trauma the person has to go.

Why did you choose to work with newcomers for thee film?

There are certain genres of actors who can perform certain roles. For example I can’t make Sarkar Raj by taking new comers. In the case of Phoonk sure the actors aren’t very famous in Bollywood but they are popular in other places..Sudeep, the main protagonist who is famous down in South while the lead actress Amruta is very good Marathi theatre actress. I’m very happy the way both have acted.

Ehsaas Channa, a regular child artist, in your film?

She is a wonderful child artist and her hunger for perfection can be seen through her acting like in Vastushastra despite being a normal child she comes a spirit while in Phoonk she plays the focal point of the whole story of Phoonk. I just love to work with a great actress like Ehsaas.

Apart from Phoonk there is news that you are making Sarkar Part 3. Is it true?

Not at all! These are all rumors.

What is the status of the film on Veerappan which you are making with Ekta Kapoor?

Yes its true that I’m making the film on the life of Veerappan but it will take some time as everything is still in the scripting stage. I want to make this film with all the perfection and the role of Veerappan will be not be played by someone from the industry. I want to make this film with a whole new cast.”

Phoonk releases on August 22nd.

No comments:

Label Cloud