Thursday, July 24, 2008

Vidya Balan is hurt

Vidya Balan

After being criticized for her clothes, for her weight and for her non-glamorous avatar, actor Vidya Balan hit the gym big time. “Yes, I’m working out but it’s got nothing to do with other people or their criticism,” admits Vidya.

It all started with her friend who introduced her to the treadmill. “I was never skinny,” she shrugs. “The urge to lose the excess weight happened after I realized that I was unable to get into my old pair of jeans. Actually, it was my friends who were after my life to get back in shape. However, the idea was never to follow the size zero trend.”

Unfortunately, after a week long rigorous work out and calories burning sessions, VB is now bedridden. Reason? Vidya has sprained her back and ankle while working out. And this is not the first time.“I’m jinxed,” she laughs. But on a serious note she adds, “It was due to a wrong form of work out that I’ve injured myself.”

The actress’s physician has put her on a bed rest for a few days. “I’ve been asked to chill for a while and not lift any heavy weights,” she says. But right at this moment VB’s not in a mood to grumble about her pain. The applauses coming her way for Kismat Konnection have given her reason to smile. “I really worked hard on that film and made sure that there was no room for criticism,” she smiles.

No comments:

Label Cloud