Sunday, July 27, 2008

SRK fails Paanchvi Paas

Shah Rukh Khan Whether it’s his films, shows or his ad films, the Shah Rukh Khan magic never fails to work. The industry folks call him the hit machine. Amidst all this, a downer like Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hai comes as a shock. Wrapping up the finale of the show, SRK analyses what went wrong with it. To begin with, the show that was launched with loads of glitz and publicity didn’t manage to entice the viewers. Was it hard to digest the failure? “In life you can’t always be giving hits. Success and failure are part and parcel of life,” SRK says coolly.

In the past, the man has anchored Kaun Banega Crorepati which was a runaway success. So what went wrong this time? Was it the format of the show or Shah Rukh Khan himself? “This is one question I keep asking myself. Look, I don’t understand the TRP business. Personally I’ve really enjoyed working on Paanchvi Paas more than KBC . But, I do not want to play the blame game here. I’d like to believe that it was a rough patch.”

Khan has always had the courage to call a spade a spade. So, does he accept that he could be one of the reasons for the failure of Paanchvi Paas . “I’m as responsible for its failure as I am for the success of my films and shows. I shouldered the responsibility of the failure of Paheli . I understand that as a celebrity I play a larger role in the fate of a project. So, here if there is anything that’s gone wrong with Paanchvi Paas , it’s me,” he smiles.

Currently, recuperating from his knee injury, Khan is also busy winding up Biloo Barber. “After Paanchvi Paas , I had to shoot for a song in Biloo Barber . And then there is my knee that’s demanding my attention.” Style, humility and smartness all rolled in one. That’s Shah Rukh Khan for you.

No comments:

Label Cloud