Friday, July 25, 2008

Arjun Rampal readies to Rock On

Arjun Rampal, who was last seen in a villainous role of Mukesh Mehra in OSO, will be seen as a guitarist in Farhan Akhtar’s Rock On. Arjun says doing the role for him was a complete treat considering he gets to play a rock star.

"Its quite a different movie from whatever I have done in past. This film is a full on musical. Here I play a guitarist and it was really a great experience as for the first time I learned how to play a guitar. It’s the story of four friends who after 10 years start their own rock band...so it was great pleasure to be the part of this movie," says Arjun, "I play the lead guitarist of the band and so before the start of the shooting we had done practice sessions. We trained a lot with the instruments that our characters were playing and so after all the hard work finally, I can say that I play the guitar very well."

Speaking about Farhan who debuts as an actor in the film, Rampal says “I have worked with him when he directed Don and now I’m playing his friend in his acting debut.. and I must say he is simply great in acting also! He has also sung few songs which required a lot of dedication on his part. The songs are looking great and his voice is also being appreciated.”

Apart from Rock On, Arjun will also be seen in an English movie Last Lear with Amitabh Bachchan and Preity Zinta and in EMI with Maliaka where he is playing a Dj.

Rock On! is releasing on August 29th.

No comments:

Label Cloud