Sunday, July 27, 2008

‘I am in love with Mallika Sherawat’

Maan Gaye Mughall-E-Azam is one of the most awaited movies of the year as it once again pairs the hit pairing of Mallika and Rahul Bose. We spoke to the man behind the film Sanjay Chhel.



Is the film anyway related to the old Mughal-E-Azam?
It is a very contemporary comedy film. Mallika, Rahul, Paresh Rawal and Kay Kay have acted very well. For the first time the audience will watch Kay Kay in a comedy film. And when you will watch the movie you will understand. But it has a strong reference of Mughal-E-Azam. It is total comedy but it has social relevance. I can say that it is on the lines of Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron.

Why made you cast Mallika and Rahul for your film?
Because I think they suit the character. And I will say Mallika is a great actress. She is very good at comedy. Mallika has got the glamour. I had different characters in the film. Rahul Bose is a very good actor and a versatile one.



What’s your view on Mallika?
I must say I am in love with Mallika as a director. After Juhi Chawla if I have found any actress who is good at comedy then that’s Mallika. She doesn't have any tantrums on the sets. Which ever dress you ask her to wear she wears them… She is never late on the sets. She does have an attitude problem and she should…she is a star. But Mallika is very professional. I think that's why she is what she is today!

Is it true that Mallika made Kay Kay nervous?
Yes! Infact Mallika used to make him nervous by flirting with him. Kay Kay is a very serious guy so whenever she used to flirt he used to turn red.



Normally most Mallika films have sexual innuendos. Is it the same in this film?
There is a kissing scene between Rahul and Mallika in the film. But I have not cast Mallika to make my movie sexy. She will definitely change her image after the film releases. But because she is hot there are scenes related to love but the film is more focused on comedy.

Tell us why audience should go and watch your film?
Man Gaye Mugahll-E-Azam is not only a comedy film. It’s how a theatre group saves there country. So the film also has a message and of course the chemistry between Mallika and Rahul is brillaint And the USP of my film is Paresh Rawal! He is a versatile and great actor.

No comments:

Label Cloud