Monday, July 28, 2008

‘Kareena is great fun to be with’ - Soha Ali khan

Fewwould know that actress Soha Ali Khan aspired to become a journalist and alsowrote a few articles for some national dailies.

However, sheended up picking up a Masters degree in International Relations from LondonSchool of Economics and Political Science and also worked with a corporate bankfor nearly 18 months, before joining the glamour industry.

But nowthe actress is about to fulfill her childhood dream as she plays a TV journalistin her forthcoming flick Mumbai Meri Jaan. In a freewheeling chat with NT, Sohaspeaks about her on screen experience as a journalist and her brother’scurrent love interest, Kareena...

Reel lifejournalist

Ask Soha how it felt to step into the shoes of ajourno and she says candidly, "It was quite an eye opener. There are times whenI feel that the journalists go overboard to get a bit of juicy news, but I guessthat's a part of their work." Talking about the film she adds, "The movie isbased on the July 11, 2006 serial blasts, which took place on the local trainsof Mumbai and I have a powerful role init."

On Kareena and bhai

Saif Ali Khan and Kareena are one of the hottest couples oftinseltown. Ask Soha what's the best thing she likes about her bhabhi-to-be andshe says, "The fact that Kareena loves my brother, and makes him really happy,is what I like about her. Kareena is great fun to be with. She takes a lot ofefforts with my parents too. I wish her loads of happiness."

Sheddingapprehensions

It was her mom, Sharmila Tagore, who startledthe industry by wearing a bikini in the 60s. But, it took Soha quite a few yearsto shed her inhibitions and also the clothes. Commenting on her picture in abikini, for a magazine cover she says, "I had never given a thought to wearing abikini on screen or for a photo shoot. But, when this offer came along, Ithought of giving it a try. I was a little scared initially, but then finallywent ahead with it." Speaking about her family's reaction, she says, "Bro anddad have seen the pictures, but we've never discussed it. And mom is cool aboutit." Tell her that quite a few top line actresses have worn a bikini on screenand she replies promptly, "I am not interested in doing such roles. I wouldrather do something more challenging-maybe an actionflick."

Mommydear

Speaking about mommy dear, Soha says, "Ma is my biggestcritic. When she cleans my cupboard she keeps nagging me as to why I have 20shoes or why my accessories don't match my dresses. I just keep hiding thingsfrom her. There are times when I wonder why she can't praise me like othermommies. But, in a way she is right and I like it when she corrects me."

Clearing the air

Thepretty lady clears the air about her affair with Southern heartthrob Siddharth."Oh, I have been linked with my costars Abhay Deol and Shiney Ahuja too. But,there was no truth in it. I don't like to discuss my personal life inpublic."

Stylequotient

Compliment Soha on her elegant looks and ask herabout her style statement and she says "I don't think I make any stylestatement. I am allergic to metals, so, I am minimal on accessories. Also, Idon't wear watches. And when it comes to clothes, I love the feel of cottons andmulmul. Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Manish Arora design them for me.”

Chilling out

Ask herhow she chills out and she says, "I love watching movies and I love playingtable tennis and badminton. Apart from this, I am very fond of reading books."And being a former banker do money matters interest her? "Not at all. Politicsand history excite me more than anything else, but please don't ask me tocomment on the present political scenario of the country," she says beforesigning off.

No comments:

Label Cloud