Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rajnikanth's heartfelt appeal

Controversies seem to dog Rajnikanth's new Tamil film Kuselan. The latest is that Rajnikanth has requested the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce to facilitate the release of his film in the state on August 1.

His letter said that it was not his intention to hurt the feelings of anyone when he spoke at the protest rally organised by the Tamil Nadu Film Artists Association.

"I understand that some people in Karnataka are still feeling bitter and pained over what I spoke on the Hogenakal water issue. This has really saddened me. I am not a person who would hurt the feelings of anyone. It is not my habit to make any person bitter with my behaviour or speech. I have always believed that I should not create bitterness or difficulties to the people. This is my desire and ambition," wrote Rajnikanth in his letter addressed to Jayamala, the newly elected president of the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce. 

The letter written in chaste Kannada overwhelmed many in the Kannada film industry. That the superstar could be so prolific in a language he had studied in school amazed some of them. 

Reiterating that his films in Karnataka are viewed not only by Tamilians but also by Kannadigas and people speaking different languages, releasing Kuselan in the state should not pose any difficulty.

Meanwhile, taking note of the letter, Jayamala said that Kuselan will be released on August 1 as planned with ten prints in thirteen theatres across Bangalore. As number of prints has been restricted, Jayamala urged the pro-Kannada activists to forget all the bitterness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think politics and entertainment should ever clash! Rajnikant should avoid getting dragged into any kind of controversies as that's exactly what will people would want. I am sure that his current film will do just as well as all his earlier hits

Label Cloud