Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Shahid on Sania

Shahid Sporting a baby pink tee shirt and faded jeans, one gets an impression that Shahid is still the same old shy and naïve newcomer he used to be. However, his one ‘lets talk business’ glance breaks all the impressions his pleasing persona creates and you realize you are interacting with a star! Renuka Vyavahare felt just that when she grilled Shahid Kapur and made him talk about his Kismat Konnection with the ladies whose names end with the ‘A’ alphabet! VidyA, BipashA, AmritA, SaniA and ofcourse KareenA! (Phew!) Guess it was RenukA’s Kismat that helped her survive to tell Shahid’s tale! Now this is what we call a Kismat Konnection!

Which lady is your lucky mascot in real life?
I don’t think I have any lucky mascot as such in my life

But isn’t your film ‘Kismat Konnection’ all about finding one’s lucky mascot?
I do believe in destiny and kismat but not lucky mascot as such. I believe waqt se pehle aur kismet se jyada insaan ko kuch nahi milta (read whatever comes to you comes when its supposed to come). Lot of times you come across people who you think you know more about right from the first interaction! At times you hit it off quite well with absolute strangers! I have felt this so many times. The film is about this.

On ‘seeing’ Sania –

Sania Mirza is no stranger to you anymore?
Of course not...I know Sania, rather we know each other.

Apparently you two are often spotted together?
I feel I am a normal guy. I do regular things. If I am in a relationship with somebody I will go out, meet friends, watch a movie, go for dinner and people will come to know about that!

Does that mean you are seeing each other?
I have become private about my personal life as a lot has been written about it in the past one year and I don’t feel the need to justify myself.

On his tiff with Bipasha -

Bipasha apparently backed out of a show just because you were attending the same!
It was quite strange. I read it, rather the news was published on the day that I was supposed to go for that show! I wasn’t even shooting the day that news must have been written! It’s like I woke up in the morning and felt I was supposed to go on the show yesterday but actually am going today! I don’t know what happened and beyond a point I don’t take these things too seriously. I was surprised though.

Were Kareena’s comments on John in Koffee with Karan the reason behind your fallout with her?
So many things are blown out of proportion and as actors you have to get used to it. I have no problems with Bipasha from my side and I didn’t take the story about our alleged tiff seriously, I don’t really want to know what happened. If Bipasha and I meet up sometimes and if the topic comes up we will talk about it but I didn’t feel the need to talk about it after reading that story.

On romancing Vidya! –

Seems like you have been romancing Vidya ‘on’ and ‘off’ the screen!
Vidya and I do not sit together and laugh off our linkup rumours ‘ha-ha-ha’ technically! We don’t even discuss that! She has been working for many years and has been used to this while I in the past one year have faced the same!

She looks older than you in the film!
We play the same age in the movie! We (Aziz uncle and I) were aware when we had Vidya on board that since she has done films like Parineeta she has a certain image. But Aziz Mirza was keen on casting a good actress who looked like a girl next door and she fit the bill. I had full faith in Aziz’s casting and have seen the film and liked it. It’s a love story and we have played our parts well.

On avoiding Amrita talk!

There were talks of Amrita Rao getting between you and Kareena!
The weirdest rumour that I have heard about myself till date is the story of Amrita and I going to watch a film together! I had gone with my family – dad, brother, friend Sreeram at a suburban multiplex and next day read about me watching the film with Amrita! I thought since it was a multiplex she might be in some other screen but the poor girl was in Delhi, promoting some film of hers!

But you bought a house close to hers!
But I have a house closer to other people also, does that mean I am in a relationship with all of them? It’s strange!

On meeting (Read Milenge) Kareena

What’s happening with your film Milenge Milenge with Kareena Kapoor?
I am not aware of Milenge Milenge’s status. We have not finished with the dubbing of the film as yet.

Kareena walked away with all the awards for Jab We Met .
No single film can be a turning point of any actor’s career. Jab We Met was an important film since it did a lot for me but so did Vivah and Ishq Vishq. I sat at home for 6 months after Vivah and Imtiaz was a new director so the fact that the film did well gave me a lot of faith in myself. Talking about awards, even Hum Apke Hain Kaun was called as a Madhuri film but people loved Salman in it. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai had Kajol in a strong role but Shah Rukh was appreciated too! I am happy with audiences’ appreciation and awards are just an icing on the cake! I am happy with the fact that I got a different role to play.

We hope Shahid connects with his audiences yet again with Kismat Konnection!

No comments:

Label Cloud