Monday, July 21, 2008

‘My father has not watched any film of mine’ - Tusshar Kapoor Interview

Tusshar Kapoor is known as many things. Ekta's younger brother. Jeetendra's son. But now slowly and steadily the actor is creating a niche for himself in Bollywood. It's take the boy some time but it finally looks like he is getting there. We sit down for a chat with him...



Tusshar Kapoor in Black

In your short career you have worked in almost all genres – romance, comedy and action. But according to you which has been your most successful film?
I don't think the audience has accepted me in love stories. By with my roles in Kya Kool Hai Hum and Golmaal I have definitely made a place in comedy. I did get appreciation for my role in Khakee and after that Shootout At Lokhandwala happened. But I think I am most comfortable in comedy.

Is there any particular genre you want to work in?
Horror films. I want to do a horror film.

Why don't you do all Balaji Production Films?
Because they don't offer them to me. They offered me C Kompany so I am doing it. Apoorva didn't offer me Mission Istanbul. I don't think if it’s our production movie so I have to do it. It’s actually the directors’ choice so may be many directors don't like me (laughs) or may be I didn't suit the character.

If you weren’t an actor what would you have done?
I must tell you that I am a very confused guy. Right from the beginning only I didn't know that what to do. I have done my Bachelor in Business Administration from U.S. but I didn’t enjoy it at all. Then I come back to Mumbai and then also I was very confused.. After that I decided to act. But now I think I can make my career in production also. But I definitely know that I don't want to do direction at all.

Which director according to you has tapped your potential?
Raj Kumar Santoshi. I think is the person through whom I have proved myself.

What will you call yourself? A flop or a hit star?
(Laughs) It can be an average also. But seriously I don't think I am a flop star. I know earlier people knew me as Jeetendra’s beta but now I have made a platform for myself in past some years. I can’t consider myself as a hit star but I think after my performance in Gayab, Kya Kool Hai Hum, Shootout at Lokhandwala, and Golmaal audience now consider me as a average star.

But what happened with 123? It was a complete disaster.
I don't think it was a disaster. It didn't work but if you see Kya Kool Hai Hum it also had some adult comedy to it. People liked it and laughed … no one raised their eyebrows but I think in case of 123 it was also a double meaning movie but not situational. The jokes are cracked in a wrong manner and the timing was also wrong.

Tusshar Kapoor

Describe us little bit of your relationship with Ekta?
She is really good as a sister. But we fight a lot. And I am the dominating one. I always tell her that you're this friend is not good, etc. So like all sis-bro fight we also fight.

How often you watch her television serials?
(Laughs) I don't watch television. Not only Indian I don't even watch American soaps.

If you would have offered a role or character in Ekta's TV soaps which character you want to play?
I would love to play the role of Mr. Bajaj. I think he is the only male character who has a dominating role in television.

Does your father watch your movies?
No…never he is so superstitious that he never watches my films or Ekta’s serials. But he loves watching others’ movies. He has not watched a single film of mine till now.

No comments:

Label Cloud