Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am a diehard romantic: Vivek Oberoi

After Shootout at Lokhandwala, now actor Vivek Oberoi has moved on to another mission which is another film called Mission Istanbul, where the actor plays a Turkish commander.

You have been resting on the laurels of Shootout at Lokhandwala for a year. You desperately want Mission Istanbul to do well. Don't you?

Vivek Oberoi: Yes. Absolutely. Honestly, I want it to be a success. I have worked on it for one year and I have worked really hard. I am hoping people like my character. I am hoping the fans will go out and see some action movie and like the whole machismo and attitude loaded stuff.

You are moving from Shootout at Lokhandwala to Mission Istanbul. Don’t you think you are slotting yourself into the action genre?

Vivek Oberoi: I have done just two movies in one year . I am taking it very slow consciously, mainly because I wanted to do different kinds of scripts. I wanted to do scripts that I liked and I think those doors have opened for me now. The film that I am doing now in South Africa with Tips is a huge solo film and it is a great opportunity for me to do something completely different. The film I am doing with Karan Johar is with Saif and Kareena.

Is it tough being single or are you enjoying it?

Vivek Oberoi: To be honest, I am enjoying it a bit too much. It worries me how much I am enjoying it. It has been a little over two-years now. I am really happy. I love my life and I like being single. I like going out and meeting interesting people. But, somewhere inside I am a diehard romantic. Somewhere inside, that poetry needs inspiration. I think I will find my soul mate. I think it will hit me like a star that bolts out of the sky and hits the head.

What kind of a girl are you looking for?

Vivek Oberoi: Very honestly. I am looking for someone very simple and someone from the ordinary world, who would make my world extraordinary.

4 comments:

Insomniac Rambler said...

Hey Vivek,

I am saying all this because I know you. You are a good actor and a good human being. The good thing is that you know who you are. Fine you made a few mistakes so what! Why go on explaining your mistakes. People who want to stay in your life will be there no matter what, and the people who chose to be away let them go. I wish you all the best for all your future endeavours. I am dying to see you in a romantic movie, loved you in YUVA, (that’s what you were when I met you) bas ho gaya yeh ganpat types roles.

Good Luck
V

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

Prince Movie said...

That was a nice piece of interview overview with Vivek Oberoi. He is not only a handsome looking actor, but also a uniquely acting artist.
Nice sharing and keep posting interesting content like this.

Label Cloud