Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Genelia is Meaooo in Jaane Tu..

Genelia D’Souza She is an actress who has just started her second stint in the Hindi film industry with Mere Baap Pehle Aap . She is not at all worried that her co-star is getting all the attention for their upcoming film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na . We are talking about none other than Genelia D’Souza who is playing the role of a brat in Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na .

Speaking about the film she said, “Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na is a campus bound love story. It has a lot to do with friendship and love. I am sure the film with appeal to the youth much more. Everyone irrespective of their age has gone through this phase when they were young. So eventually it does relate to everyone.”

So what kind of role is Genelia playing in the film? “I am playing an absolute brat in the film. The name of my character is Aditi. She is known as a kali billi . She will pick up a fight for anything and everything. She is on a high in life. I can relate to the character as it is very similar to me.”

Genelia had a great experience working with Imran. “Working with Imran was fantastic. It felt like he was part of the industry for 10 years. He is so aware about his lines and camera angles. He is very young and fresh. We are always looking forward to someone who is young and fresh. All my girlfriends are completely crazy about him.”

Aamir Khan has compared Genelia with Juhi Chawla saying that Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na will give Genelia the same recognition that Juhi got from Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak . “It was a huge compliment. He compared me on the first day when I met him. I was very excited about doing the film after he gave me the compliment.” Does Aamir Khan promoting his nephew Imran bother Genelia? “It is but obvious that Aamir is promoting Imran. I think it is good enough having promos of Imran and me as well. It is not that I am sidelined in any which way. I am there. I will be there in your face. I never feel insecure. I know nobody is interested in a Genelia right now. I do not have any filmi family name attached to my name. I do not have a filmy background. How I could get in would be through people falling in love with Imran and coming to see the film. They will somewhere see me in the film. I am glad that I got a chance to be in a film where he is launching his nephew”, said the pretty actress while signing off.

No comments:

Label Cloud