Wednesday, July 2, 2008

No Konnection between Vidya Balan and Madhavan

Vidya Balan Just a few days into its launch, the latest Airtel advertisement has become one of the most popular ads on TV. And the reason is undoubtedly the beautiful chemistry between the actors Vidya Balan and R Madhavan.

Not long ago, Maddy and Vidya were romantically paired opposite each other in Mani Ratnam’s Guru . So what is it between the duo that translates into such wonderful chemistry on screen? Pat comes the reply from Vidya, “There is nothing between me and Maddy. I am not dating him. He is a married man. I love him for the actor and person he is. But there is nothing between us.”

How Vidya got the ad is also pretty interesting. “I was talking to Atul Kasbekar who is my endorsement manager about the Airtel brand. I was telling him that I would love to work with Airtel as I believe in the brand. He told me that it would not be possible as Airtel had already signed someone. Within a week I got a call saying that Airtel wanted to work with me. We shot the ads immediately after.”

“After I read the script, I told the director Vinen Mathew that it had inherent romance. In a new relationship, a couple doesn’t get tired even after speaking a zillion times with each other. The ad was very simple and sweet and well conceived. I enjoyed doing it. I have got a huge response after the ad was released. Suddenly, people are considering me and Madhavan for films after the ad.”

Meanwhile, Vidya’s Kismat Konnection is set to hit the big screen on July 18.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.

Label Cloud