Friday, July 18, 2008

Akshay lauds Anjana Sukhani's fearless factor

Salaam-e-Ishq girl Anjana Sukhani says her stint on the show Fear Factor with Akshay Kumar was pleasurable for praise from the master of action. Anjana was one of 13 hotties who spent three weeks in South Africa with Akki while they shot for the show, doing things with bugs and animals that would freak normal people out.

Anjana Sukhani
One of the dares given was to spent time in an enclosed space with more than 50 rats, something that Anjana says she did without stress. "I was told to be with all types of rats small big and there were around 50 to 70 rats that were going up and down my body," says the lovely Anjana, "Instead of freaking out, I was laughing as they were tickling me!"

This led Akshay to make a comment that Anjana remembers with delight. "Akshay said ‘Main yeh pehli ladki dekh raha hoon jo chuhoon ke saath mazhe kar rahi hai! (You're the first girl I've seen who enjoys being with rats)”

And that wasn't all. Anjana had also to jump from 200 feet (over 60 metres or 20 floors) in a test of her courage that she passed. "I realized at that moment that I have vertigo and a phobia of heights, but Akshay supported me and now I’m not sacred.”

The support came not just from Akshay's words, says Anjana but also the fact that he put his money where his mouth was.

"Before we girls began on our dares, Akshay used to do the opening stunt which for us were very scary," she said, "Some of these which will freak the audiences. I remember two stunts in particular which I will never forget."

And Anjana was all praise for the Khatron Ka Khiladi.

“Akshay is a real master of mind and body. He does every stunt with perfection, given the experience he's had, some 20 years in the business. He would chant the Gayatri Mantra telling us that it was very powerful and what kept him focused.”

The other girls on the show are Yaana Gupta, Aditi Govtrikar, Pooja Bedi, Sonali Kulkarni, Anita Hasnandani, Meghna Naidu, Tapur Chatterjee, Tupur Cahtterjee, Nethra Raghuraman, Dipannita Sharma, Vidya Malvade and Urvashi Sharma. Nethra Raghuraman will be the winner, defeating Pooja Bedi.

No comments:

Label Cloud