Tuesday, July 15, 2008

'Shahid Kapoor' - Controversy's favourite child?

Shahid Kapur may be the most non-controversial around, but his name has been dragged in several controversies of late.

To start with, Rajkumar Santoshi had approached Shahid for his new film, but after HALLA BOL flopped, Shahid decided against working with Santoshi. So much so that he refused to entertain Santoshi's calls. Fed up, Santoshi signed Ranbir Kapoor for the film in question.

"It's very embarrassing to hear something like this. The reason why this project didn't work was because portions of the script were similar to JAB WE MET. We parted on an amicable note. I've great regards for Raj-ji and I would never ever avoid his calls," Shahid clarifies.

Now Controversy No. 2. With Priyadarshan, it's a different story. During the making of CHUP CHUP KE, Priyan got a shock of his life when Shahid suggested that a particular scene be shot differently. Reportedly, Priyan told Shahid to mind his business.

"Priyan-ji is a veteran, how could I tell him how to shoot a film? But, yes, we didn't hit off during the making of that film. I was uncomfortable… but I'd like to work with him again if he feels he has the right script for me," Shahid states.

Controversy No. 3 pertains to Abbas-Mustan. Shahid has worked with the director duo in 36 CHINA TOWN and when they approached him for one of their productions, Shahid remained inaccessible. "We haven't discussed a film since quite some time. I would love to work with them, they're amongst my favourites. But, believe me, they haven't approached me for any of their films," Shahid clarifies.

And finally, Ashutosh Gowariker. Reportedly, Shahid made the maker wait endlessly. An irritated Ashu eventually signed Harman Baweja. "Yes, we did meet, but he wanted immediate dates and since I had committed those days to Vishal Bhardwaj, I couldn't take up the offer. I'd love to work with him, I love his cinema," Shahid replies.

The clarification -- the first of its kind from Shahid, exclusively on 'Bollywood Hungama' -- should put an end to the loose talk surrounding the actor.

No comments:

Label Cloud