Thursday, July 17, 2008

Raja - Sunil Kumar Reddy film launched

Hero Raja goes for a complete image change. He plays autistic person in a new film being directed by Sunil Kumar Reddy (of Hero and Missing). The film was formally launched today (July 17, 2008) at Prasad Labs, Hyderabad.

“This is quite a challenge for me. I am blessed to get such a great role within a very short span of my career. Although Kamal Haasan in Swathi Muthyam and Rajendra Prasad portrayed such characters earlier, it is really tough for a star to enact them. I might be criticized after the release but I am sure that it will win the accolades too,” hero Raja said.

Director Sunil Kumar Reddy said Raja was selected after careful study. “He has untapped talent and I am sure he will give justice to this character,” he added.

A newcomer Teertha is playing the female lead opposite Raja. “I loved the script for its sensible theme. Hope that I give my best to the character,” she said.

Tanikella Bharani praised the director for choosing a different script. “For another few years, this film will be remembered for its daring script,” he said.

It has story by Gandham Nagaraju of Gamyam fame and music by Saket Sairam. The film is produced on Sravya Films.

No comments:

Label Cloud