Thursday, July 10, 2008

Neil Nitin Mukesh behind bars!

Relax; it is just for Madhur Bhandarkar's next venture titled Jail.


Neil is absolutely thrilled to play the lead character in Madhur Bhandarkar's Jail.

"In my first film, Johnny Gaddaar I played a very dark and challenging character and got good reviews for it. That role became a benchmark for me. Then came the question of 'now what?' and Jail is the answer to the question. It gives me satisfaction and peace of mind to have landed this role. Portraying this character well is of immense importance to me and my career. I am honoured to work with the much-loved Madhur Bhandarkar and I want to give this film my 500%," says the soft spoken actor.

So what is his character all about?

"I play this guy called Parag Dixit who lives a normal life until he gets involved with crime which lands him behind bars. The story is about his journey through jail and his perspective of the goings on in a jail," replies Neil.

He further adds, "The title is very interesting and will raise questions in the minds of people."

But wouldn't it be strange to see such a good looking man behind bars?

"Thanks for the compliment", says Neil graciously as he tries not to blush. On a more serious note, "Good looks and character don't really stop anyone from doing anything wrong. It is a matter of circumstances. Through this film, we want to tell the youth to be confident about what they do, but not overconfident, as the latter is very dangerous."

So how is he preparing for the role?

"I am not doing anything much right now because Madhur is busy with Fashion. He has done a lot of research for the movie. I believe he even disguised himself and visited a jail to get a feel of life in a jail and hats off to him for that. All his research and experience will help me to prepare for my role."

Neil cannot praise his director and his style of film-making enough. "This film is special to me because it is being directed by Madhur Bhandarkar, who needs no introduction. The fact that he is directing this film carries a lot of weight. Normally people say that you need to rope in a star and I am not a star. Madhur is the biggest star of the film. He has won three National awards which mean a lot not only to him but also to people associated with him because the subjects of his movies are so delicate and well-handled and have been well-appreciated," comments Neil.

"I want to thank Madhur for putting this weight on my shoulders, I will have a hunch-back throughout the film and if I am not a good actor, he will make me one," says the hazel eyed actor light-heartedly as he signs off.

Jail releases on May 1, 2009.

No comments:

Label Cloud