Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mallika breaks her silence

Mallika Sherawat is in the eye of a storm. Make it two. The actress, who stopped talking to the media almost two years ago, has been dragged into two controversies.

The first pertains to the film FAUJ MEIN MAUJ. Sometime back, there was talk that after shooting a major chunk of the film, the actress told the producer in very clear words that she would complete the film only if the director was changed.

"Never! I never said that," Mallika breaks her silence, "All I said was that the script wasn't shaping up to everyone's satisfaction and it would be great if we re-worked on it. It's a great plot and everyone felt that it deserves a better screenplay. It's the producer's call, how can I dictate terms?"

More recently, Studio 18 lodged a complaint against the actress in a producers' association [IMPPA] because the actress, after signing the film, had problems with Kundan Shah, the director, on certain issues.

"False! I am ready to work with Kundan-ji even today. He's someone I truly admire. JAANE BHI DO YAARO is a cult film, one of my favourites. But it was clearly decided that things would be mutually discussed at the very outset. If the problems are sorted out, I'd love to work with Kundan-ji. Why not?" she sets the record straight.

No comments:

Label Cloud