Monday, July 7, 2008

I have no grudge against Aamir Khan: Harman Baweja

Debutant Harman Baweja responds to some tough questions in an exclusive interview to CNN-IBN’s Rohit Khilnani.

CNN-IBN: How would you respond to a critic who says you can't act?

Harman Baweja: One out of 50 reviews that I read said I can’t act. I hate saying this myself because it sounds wrong but 49 of the reviews have said that a star is born.

CNN-IBN: Almost every critic has also said that you act like Hrithik and you dance like Hrithik…

Harman Baweja: I disagree. Barring four or five critics, who, I think, are very blatantly prejudiced and biased.

CNN-IBN: In retrospect, do you think that you should not have released the movie with Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na.

Harman Baweja: I did not release my film with Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na was released with my film. I think we announced the film much in advance. Then we got a hint from somewhere that Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na was being planned for the same day.

CNN-IBN: Since you guys wanted a solo release, could you guys not push your film?

Harman Baweja: It would be unfair to the next producer who was releasing the film on 11 July. The producer wanted to release on the 4 July, however, he shifted the release on 11th because of me.

CNN-IBN: Do you think it is wrong on Aamir Khan’s part to release the film with you?

Harman Baweja: Whatever decision he took, was I think, thought over and was right for him. I have no grudges at all.

CNN-IBN: But there were so many reports before the release that you guys are saying that Aamir was trying to sabotage your release. Did you say that ever?

Harman Baweja: It is impossible for me to make a statement like that. It is absolute wrongly reported. I don’t even think my dad has ever said it. I don’t think anyone from Adlabs has ever made it. I don’t think that even a spot boy working on my set has ever made that statement.

Courtesy - CNN-IBN

No comments:

Label Cloud