Sunday, July 6, 2008

How Anurag Basu bagged Kites

"I was stunned when Rakesh Roshan called me and wanted to meet me. He watched my film Gangster in a DVD after a year of its release. He loved the movie and wanted me to direct a film for his production house. He narrated the story to me and I agreed without hesitation," reveals Basu.


On the film, he adds, "The song recordings are going on. After that we will start shooting from July 25. Hrithik is also preparing hard for it. And Kangana Ranaut was the only actress who can do the role offered to her in the film."

We have heard that you are working on Life in a Metro 2. "Yes this is not because Metro was a hit. The script which I wrote for Metro was so long that at that time itself I decided to make a part two. I want to make some thing different and better," he asserts.

Speaking about his association with Vishesh Films under which he made Gangster and Murder, he says, "While making Life In A… Metro, I discussed it with Mukesh Bhatt but he did not show interest. That's why I made it separately and it became a huge hit. But I am still very much close to Bhatt camp as they are like my family. Even now when I am in some trouble I call them. If I am not making films with them it doesn't mean that I am not on talking terms with them."

Finally, he also wants to put an end to the Bachchan controversy. "I was totally misquoted. All I was trying to say was that people like me join Bollywood only for Amitabh Bachchan. We all were brought by watching his movies. The stuff he did in Deewar and Sholay was legendary so it hurts to see him in films like Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag. That's all," he concludes.

No comments:

Label Cloud