Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Harman sets his own path

While numerous critics may try to write off Harman Baweja after the release of Love Story 2050, it seems it is the young debutant who is having the last laugh. The actor has been signed on by the biggest directors in the industry at the moment like Ashutosh Gowarikar, Sanjay leela Bhansali and Anees Bazmi as compared to Imran Khan who is a part of Luck with debutant Shruti Hassan, multi-starrer Kidnap and uncle Aamir’s Delhi Belly.


harman Baweja

Harman says he so busy that he hasn’t even had a chance to holiday properly. “After Love Story released I went off to Dubai for all of 2 days. But it was hardly a break. However I enjoyed it because I got meet my audience and it was a nice feeling. But now I am back to work and how… I am currently filming for Victory. Another twenty odd days here then I start Anees sir’s film then Ashu sir. So I’m working all the time and I ain’t complaining!” says the young lad.

And for those who have been comparing him to superstar Hrithik Roshan, visuals from Harman’s next film, Victory show the actor distinctly different. “Look I can’t do anything about how I look. For that go to my parents. They did what they did and this is how I turned out,” says the actor.

Another close source to the actor says that his similarity to Hrithik was being intentionally promoted around the release of the film. “A lot of games were being played at the time the film released. The fact that he dances well and looks good was suddenly being used against him. Normally when an actor debuts he gets told off if he can’t act or doesn’t fit the bill but here an actor was being written off because of the fact that he was as good as another super star! That’s a first,” says this industry insider.

Speaking about the reviews that were carried after the film released, Harman says he has no problem with them at all.

“Look this is life. It’s the industry that I am part of. But honestly speaking I haven’t read a single review for the simple reason that my critics are my audiences who have bought a ticket to see my film. We all knew what was happening but my filmmakers have continued to back me and that’s enough for me. I remember Sanjay sir who was in Italy that time especially called me up. He had done his full research when he called me up. And it was really sweet of him to think that he needed to pep me. He was quite surprised when he heard how upbeat I already was despite the fact that my debut film was being called a flop,” laughs Harman.

No comments:

Label Cloud