Thursday, July 10, 2008

Arjun Rampal is a rock star

Arjun Rampal After playing the mean and evil Mukesh Mehra in Om Shanti Om , Arjun Rampal will be donning the role of a rock star in Rock On . The film will see Farhan Akthar making his debut as an actor.

Talking about his role in the film Arjun said, “I am playing the role of a lead guitarist of a band. I was very excited to play this role of a musician. Whenever I used to go on a concert, I thought of being one of the people who were performing.”

Speaking about Farhan Akthar, Arjun said, “Farhan is like a brother to me. We came very close during Don . Our friendship became much deeper with Rock On . This is Farhan’s launch film. He is extremely talented. He is a very controlled actor. He has got a great presence on screen. I hope his effort does not go unrecognised and I wish him all the best. He has got a very nice opportunity to go a very long way if he wants to continue.”

Rock music is something Arjun enjoys a lot. “I like rock music a lot. I love to listen to the drums and the guitar. Youngsters today are enjoying rock music a lot. They can always relate to it in some way or the other.”

The film is slated to release on August 29th.

No comments:

Label Cloud