Thursday, July 10, 2008

Akshay Kumar loves to be Sardar

/photo.cms?msid=3215236 Akshay Kumar always wanted to play the role of a Sardar in his film and Anees Bazmi made his dream come true by making Singh Is Kinng . Busy in editing and mixing of the film, Anees informs that there was a story behind having a Sikh character.

Akshay’s look has become the talk of the town as for the first time Akshay is sporting a turban in his film. Director Anees informs that the basic idea of Akshay’s character was his. “I spoke to Akshay’s designer friend Sabina Khan before finalizing Akshay’s look. I was sure Akshay would look excellent, rather a complete Sardar with beard and turban so told her to design a turban just to see how it looks on him. Next day when she came with a turban we tried it on Akshay. He was looking amazing in it. I took some pictures from my mobile just to get other’s views too and everyone loved it. That’s how we decided his look”, he reveals.

Anees spoke to Akshay on the phone and narrated the story of this film. Akshay who loved the story ides gave his consent on the phone and informed his producer friend Vipul Shah immediately. “I wrote the film and spoke to Akshay over phone about the film for hardly one and half minute. Next day I got a call from Vipul Shah who came to know about the story from Akshay and expressed his desire to produce it.”

However that time Anees didn’t know that the character will be a Sikh. He says, “When I did the character sketch I was sure that it will turn out well. The character is daring and full of life. He is very tough but at the same time he is emotional too. I think all these characteristics can be found in a Sikh. Akshay was extremely happy when I told him that he will be playing a Sikh character.”

He further informs that Akshay came up with the title Singh Is Kinng which he saw behind a truck. “Though the basic idea was mine I think everyone from Vipul, Akshay to Sabina have contributed a lot to make that character look like King”, he signs off.

No comments:

Label Cloud