Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vidya Balan and her Kismat Konnections

How did the role come to you?

It was my manager Sanjay who had got a call from Aziz uncle’s office but I was not in Mumbai at that point of time. But when I returned back I got to know about it, so I immediately met Aziz uncle and he informed me that there is a script which he was still working on and wanted to cast me in the film. Since the script was still being finalized, I told Aziz uncle that, ‘After the script is completely ready and if you think that I do not suit the role, it would be fine with me. But still I will assist you in making the film’. I always wanted to work with him.

What do you think is the USP of the film?

Aziz uncle always has simplicity in his films and this film too is about real people, a common man’s struggle and it is not anything larger than life. It is a simple story about how two people get connected with each other through Kismat and the freshness of the film itself is different in its own way.

Since, this was the first time you were working with Shahid Kapur how was the experience?

Well, everybody can see it in the promos itself and it is working. He is very co-operative and an unselfish actor since it’s not always about him and if he feels that the other person is capable of doing much better than he will come up to you and say that, ‘You can do much better, so let’s do one more take’. And one more thing I like about him is his discipline, he is so disciplined that if a particular day he has a body shot to give then that day he would not touch sweets at all, that is kind of disciple he follows. So I can say all in all it was a great experience to work with him.

You have even changed your look for this movie so was it a conscious effort on your part to look different?

No not at all. I did not do any sort of preparations for my look. The costumes were given by Shabina Khan who is the dress designer for the movie and I was happy wearing it. And with the kind of responses I am getting after the promos have hit the television screen, I am happy. So everything seems to falling in place with time and even I am learning as the time is passing by.

Do you believe in destiny?

Yes, of course I believe in destiny and it’s all about Kismat connection you see. You and I were destined to meet that’s the reason you are interviewing me and not someone else. So everything in life is Kismat connected. There is one belief which I always follow - When you truly want something, the whole of world conspires to make it happen.

No comments:

Label Cloud