Monday, June 30, 2008

'Thanks Kareena for walking out' - Harman Baweja

As it has been widely reported, the film was planned with Kareena Kapoor and she even shot for a few days. Was it heartbreaking when she walked out?

Most certainly. It was heartbreaking and put us all on the backfoot. Those were terrible months for the family. You see it's your first film and everyone's excited. You've worked hard and are ready to give it your best shot. And suddenly you realise whatever has been shot is a waste. Secondly you don't know what to do next. So, yes I went into bit of a depression for nine months. But I guess whatever happens, happens for the best. Bebo's exit gave us more time to plan and we could get better technicians on board to make the film look even better. So in a way I thank her for exiting.

You said somewhere that you have no issues with Kareena. So what's your current rapport with her?

Bebo and me are constantly in touch. See at any given time when a person takes a decision it's correct for him. I am sure she weighed the pros and cons as Bebo is a very sensible girl. She knew it was my first film and all that so maybe it was her point of view to dropout. I respect her decision and the fact that she stood by it. And today everything is normal. We are back on talking terms.

No comments:

Label Cloud