Tuesday, May 1, 2007

'Munna' with 270 prints

The Prabhas-Ileana starrer 'Munna' produced by Dil Raju on the banner of Sri Venkateswara Creations and directed by debutant director Vamsy Paidipally had completed the censor formalities and bagged 'clean U/A' certificate.
The film is all set to hit the screen on May 2 with a massive 270 prints. For the first time, a film from Dil Raju's banner and that of Prabhas was released with such a massive number of prints.
It is learnt that Dil Raju had spent around Rs 15 crore for the film. There are lots of expectations on this film from Prabhas as 'Dil' Raju has a history of four successive hits on his banner.
Dil Raju says, 'In fact, we had okayed the subject even before the launch of my earlier film 'Bommarillu' and after the release of 'Bhadra'. Vamsy was with our banner for the past three years and I know him personally three years before that. After I okayed 'Bommarillu' script, Vamsy came to me and narrated the entire story for about three hours. I liked the way he would like to present a commercial point in a novel way. The speciality is that the heroine had a good scope for performance besides filling the glamour slot. Already the audio has become a big hit and the Supreme audio itself admitted it. However, a section of people from the industry are trying to spread a negative talk about the film. Probably they were feeling jealous due to my successive hits. Of course, we accept it as an adverse publicity for our film as we are confident that the film would earn a hit talk right from the morning show of the first day. After this film, I am planning a film with Allu Arjun under the direction of 'Bommarillu' Bhaskar and that film would go to sets from June. I am also planning to introduce two more new directors Vasu and Srikanth in my forthcoming films. I promise that the next film to be directed by Vamsy Paidipally would also be from our banner.'

No comments:

Label Cloud