Monday, May 14, 2007

I can’t do comedy anymore: Venky

It was pleasant to watch Venky being forthright and spontaneous in the programme on NDTV. Some of the answers were like this, on heroines who suited him more, “Divya Bharti though I had done one film (Bobbili Raja) with her, Soundarya and Sridevi, Trisha recently from AMAV.”

When asked about his father’s stint in politics, “I’m in no position to advise anyone, each one should make their own decisions, politics though is not my cup of tea. Yes, he did wonders for his constituency when he was there and for his age, and he being a clean and honest man, things worked out fine. But he is different and I’m different.”

He adds, “I used to watch him since I was a kid, so I see myself more as a producer or a production manager. Acting was just incidental. Direction is too much of a burden for me. I’m close enough with all my technicians and directors and I sometimes give them suggestions, they are happy to take it.”

When asked about the third generation of actors coming into the industry from his family he talks of Arjun his son. “He already has fans associations, they keep writing letters to him. I don’t mind he becoming an actor but he should first go through the regular grinding of education.”

“Two years down the line I find myself doing a bilingual a Telugu-Tamil film, and later a Hindi movie perhaps, maybe some character role a tough cop from South getting into Mumbai or a lawyer, it should be a mature stuff. I can’t do entertainment and comedy, love stories any more, people won’t enjoy it.”

No comments:

Label Cloud